A Helping Hand
Children from lower-income families can benefit from a Government funding scheme called Pupil Premium.
Eligible pupils, who also receive free school meals, benefit from an additional £1,320 which is paid to the school.
We spend the money in a variety of productive ways, from helping create smaller classes to improving resources and learning tools for teachers.
We are passionately committed to helping every child achieve their full potential – regardless of background or ability.
Pupil Premium 2019-20
This year we have been given £59,700.
The barriers that our children face are:
- Lower entry points into Key Stage 1.
- Lower attendance rates so children are not accessing their learning.
- Some children have social and emotional difficulties resulting in incidents of poor behaviour which disrupts their learning.
We are using the Pupil Premium to help us overcome these barriers in the following ways:
- Rewards to encourage good attendance.
- Emotional Literacy Support assistant to work with children with emotional difficulties.
- Targeted support of children who have low starting points.
We will judge the impact as the year progresses by looking at the children’s results and progress.
Our next pupil premium review will be in July 2020.