The PE and Sports Premium allocated to the school by Government. To find out more about the funding, and how it can be spent, visit the Government’s Sports Premium webpage.
We believe that all children should be given the opportunity to participate in a wide and varied sporting curriculum and are always looking for ways to give children a chance to try something new. Our allocation of Sports Premium funding will reflect this core belief.
We have been given approximately £17,000 to spend on sport this academic year.
We have chosen to spend the money on:
- A PE teacher to work with each class.
- Sporting equipment for use in PE lessons.
- Participation and travel to sporting competitions.
- Taking all children from R-Y3 swimming each week and subsidising the cost.
- Taking all children from Y4-6 swimming for half of the academic year, subsidising the cost of swimming and paying for the coach.
- Increasing the number of children who achieve the national expectations in swimming.
- Providing equipment for targeted activities to involve and encourage the least active children
- Encouraging active play during break times and lunchtimes
- Establishing school sport clubs and activities and a holiday club
- Adopting a daily mile initiative