The PE and Sports Premium allocated to the school by Government. To find out more about the funding, and how it can be spent, visit the Government’s Sports Premium webpage.
We believe that all children should be given the opportunity to participate in a wide and varied sporting curriculum and are always looking for ways to give children a chance to try something new. Our allocation of Sports Premium funding will reflect this core belief.
We have been given approximately £15,000 to spend on sport during this academic year.
We are spending the money in the following ways:
- Sports coach to work with our classes.
- Sports coach to provide additional extra-curricular activities for all.
- Participation and travel to sporting competitions.
- Increase the number of children who achieve the national expectations in swimming.
- Increased uptake of sporting clubs when compared to 2017-18.
- Increased participation in sporting competitions with local schools and within the Trust.
- Opportunities to try out new sports such as water polo, girls rugby and handball.
- 60% of Year 6 children achieved the national expectations in swimming.